How to wash and care for your beeswax wraps and bags from Lovebee.ie
If you have been looking for a product that is ecological, healthy, practical, and easy to use to wrap and store your food, surely you have already stumbled on beeswax wraps and bags. Well, this wonderful alternative meets the aforementioned requirements as well as efficiently eliminating and replacing plastic-based plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
If you have been using them for a long time then surely you will agree with me and you know the quality of the product I’m talking about. It represents a wonderful alternative that with a little budget will fill you with benefits and you will be able to carry out your daily kitchen tasks in a practical way. Once you have them at home and you start to enjoy the benefits it offers, you want them to be durable and not damaged so that you can take full advantage of them.
If you are one of the housewives who have little time to solve breakfasts, lunch boxes, lunches, snacks, and dinners, the beeswax wraps and bags were created for you. You will be surprised by the practicality they provide so you will end up loving and taking care of them more than any other kitchen utensil.
When to use beeswax wraps and bags from Lovebee.ie
These beeswax wraps and bags are very practical to use to protect halves of fruits that we have eaten and that we want to keep for a while later, they are useful to protect vegetables, already cooked foods that we want to store for a few minutes, to cover bread or sandwiches, to cover refractory containers or containers that do not have lids. This is why they have become so popular in Irish homes and the rest of the world.
Thanks to the preservative properties of beeswax and coconut oil used in the manufacture of wraps, together with the antibacterial properties of beeswax, food, and meals will stay fresh for a long time and in perfect condition for their consumption.
The best way that exists to take advantage of beeswax wraps and bags is to place them directly on the food to be prepared as well as on the containers. The heat from our hands will soften the beeswax wraps and bags and can be easily manipulated in order to completely cover the food or container to be protected.
Tips to consider when washing beeswax wraps and bags from Lovebee.ie
Once you buy them, use them and realize how practical and wonderful they are, you want them to be durable so that you can enjoy them as long as possible. That is why following a basic but simple procedure at the same time can guarantee the quality of your wraps so that you keep them for a long time.
The care that beeswax wraps and bags require for proper maintenance is not a very difficult task to do, at home we can follow the following recommendations to take care of our wraps and thus extend their useful life. It´s recommended:
• Wash carefully and preferably by hand. A mild dishwasher is allowed but with handwashing, we guarantee to treat the beeswax sheets with greater delicacy and avoid damage to their structure.
• The soap to be used (preferably liquid) must be mild and must not contain alcohol in its ingredients. Soaps that contain alcohol or some other very aggressive chemical agent can weaken the beeswax and the oils that the wrap contains.
• Always lather and rinse the beeswax wraps and bags with cold water. Coldwater allows the surface of the beeswax wraps and bags to stay firm for proper cleaning. Very hot water could affect the structure of the casings and cause the beeswax in the casings to melt or weaken.
• Simulate the same procedure when cleaning the casings as if you were washing normal dishes. They can be scrubbed with a kitchen towel or soft sponge that does not contain any material that can scratch them.
• Avoid rubbing hard or insisting on a fixed place on the wraps since too much pressure on a certain area can cause the wax it contains to come off, altering the surface and quality of the wrap.
With these little tips, you can surely take care of your beeswax wraps and bags efficiently so that they remain intact and ready to use. It´s impressive how all kitchen and everyday items can acquire a long useful life thanks to the care that only housewives can give them. So treat them with care and love so that with their help you can take care of the quality and freshness of your food.
Why is it important to refresh beeswax wraps and bags from Lovebee.ie?
We do not want to present our food and snacks in a worn and sad wrapper that at first glance creates a bad appearance in our meals. We want our snack or lunch to be wrapped and protected in a material that provides a pleasant and provocative impression at the same time.
It´s like wrapping a toy with a gift wrap, if we choose an ugly and in poor condition, surely the impression of who will receive the gift will not be very pleasant. On the contrary, if we wrap the toy with a gift wrap that stands out, the most likely thing is that the person who receives the toy will love her gift without even uncovering it.
Beeswax wraps and bags from Lovebee.ie at home?
For DIY lovers, there is a very simple option to make homemade beeswax wrappers at home. They will not be as perfect as those that are available for sale in the market but it´s an alternative to get out of trouble. Follow these steps and you can create your own wraps:
1. Melt beeswax and use 1 portion of coconut oil for every 2 portions of melted beeswax, you can substitute coconut oil for any other natural oil.
2. Place the previous mixture on baking paper and on this a piece of cotton.
3. Add the beeswax and oil mixture to the cloth and cover with more parchment paper. If the beeswax tends to cool down, use a hot iron blade or knife to distribute the material evenly.
4. Let the fabric cool with all the material well distributed and it will be ready to use.