You have probably heard little about beeswax wraps, but the truth is their use has been expanding thanks to the fact that they represent a highly reliable and safe ecological solution. Also, it contributes to eliminating plastic pollution because it’s a durable material and fulfils its function, mainly food protection.
Forget plastic and opt for materials that are friendly to the planet and favourable for your health. Despite being inexpensive, plastic is no longer practical and represents a destructive element for our environment.
If we want to take care of our planet and preserve its conservation, we must select ecological materials beneficial for everyone. Hence the idea of beeswax wrap, to maintain and protect food from materials that nature gives us and that we can reuse several times without altering its quality.
So if you are determined to take your first steps towards a healthier and more ecological lifestyle, the safest thing is that reducing waste is one of your main goals. Thanks to our beeswax wrap, you will be able to materialise it quickly efficiently.
then you should know that beeswax wraps are the ideal option for your kitchen
Beeswax wrap benefits:
– Beeswax wraps require less energy input than plastic, so they are considered a sustainable product. They can be used repeatedly and last for years, eliminating one-use products.
They are made from a natural, renewable resource.
– Beeswax wrap is a lightweight and flexible alternative to plastic wrap that enables you to store food in your refrigerator or kitchen counter for long periods without using conventional cling wrap or storage containers which can be expensive and wasteful.
Why should you use Beewax warp?
Beeswax wraps are best for this!
– Beeswax wrap is flexible and adaptable, and it’s resistant to both heat and cold, so you can use them to cover bowls of hot soups or food dishes that have just been taken out of the refrigerator without any problems.
– It’s environmentally friendly.
It has multiple uses in the kitchen and other areas such as cosmetics, wellness, beauty care, and household chemicals or personal hygiene products.
When to use beeswax wraps?
There are multiple ways to use beeswax wraps, making it a versatile and functional product. Here are some ideas you can use for:
- Transport small objects or everyday items, for example, toothbrushes, cutlery, toothpaste, etc.
- Cover a variety of foods that you must protect to take anywhere.
- Wrap school snacks for children (fruits, sandwiches, cookies, etc.)
- Keep fresh cheese in the refrigerator.
- Open containers or jars that are difficult to uncover.
- Cover food scraps and protect them until final disposal.
- Wrap herbs, veggies, fruits, and vegetables to keep them fresh in the refrigerator.
- Protect bars of soap when travelling.
- Make a box for snacks or cookies and thus transport them in a safe and presentable way.
- Keep open wine or juice bottles fresh.
- Make a practical bag to carry loose food.
- Cover and protect dough to protect.
- Use as a sleeve to make sighs, creams to cover cakes, etc.
- Wrap the bread and keep it fresh for longer.
What are the benefits of using our beeswax wraps?
- Fruits, vegetables, and food, in general, will stay fresh and retain their authentic flavour.
- The consistency of cookies, sandwiches, and snacks will remain intact.
- Cooked foods that have been previously baked will remain juicy.
- It has antibacterial properties typical of beeswax, which will prevent the formation of bacteria or deterioration of food while it´s in the wrap.
- They can be washed and reused multiple times to avoid having to dispose of waste material constantly.
- They do not contaminate food which makes them ideal for those who suffer from food intolerance and allergies.
- They replace entirely plastic, which is a decisive environmental advantage since plastic is one of the most polluting materials that can exist.
- They can be used both at room temperature, in the refrigerator, and in the freezer.
- Made with 100% natural materials that will not contaminate or damage food.
How to properly use beeswax wraps?
Its use is easy to carry out, and it can be manipulated from children to adults. However, it´s advisable to follow some steps or recommendations to get the most out of the beeswax wraps and that our article/food is well protected. Therefore it´s recommended:
- Fully open the beeswax wrap, fold it several times until it´s well loosened and manageable.
- Place the item or food you want to wrap on top of the wrapper.
- Use the heat of your hands to fold the beeswax wrap over the thing to be wrapped in such a way that you can mould the product until it´s completely covered.
- Remove the natural self-adhesive that comes with the beeswax wrap to seal the product to be wrapped, use the heat of your hands to carry out this step. It´s essential to verify that the product is well secured and hermetic to prevent contact with the outside.
What not to do while wrapping the product?
Although beeswax wrap is versatile and easy to use, there are some things you should not do with them, these are:
- Please do not use it when the meal or food is hot; it´s better to wait until these have room temperature to proceed with wrapping.
- Avoid using them to directly cover raw foods such as fish, meat, or chicken, as cross-contamination may occur for later use.
- Do not use the beeswax wrap if you see mould on them. If this happens, it´s best to discard them immediately. To prevent this from happening, it´s best to keep them adequately free of moisture.
- Avoid use in dishwashers, microwaves, ovens, and any direct source of fire since these packages are highly flammable.
- Do not wrap oily or acidic foods for a long time since these foods can break and deteriorate the wax.
- Avoid cutting or using knives directly on the casing as they may harm or damage the insulating layer.
How to keep beeswax wraps looking good?
If you follow the following tips, you can extend the life of your beeswax wraps and always have them in perfect condition for use. It is recommended:
- Always wash each sheet with cold water or use a damp towel to remove dirt or debris.
- Air-dry naturally without exposure to any heat source.
- Store completely dry and away from humid environments.
- Store folded, rolled, or hung between uses to avoid deterioration.
- When using food preservation wraps with very strong natural colourants such as beets, it´s recommended to wash the beeswax wraps immediately to avoid coloured stains on the fabric.
Wrap your food with quality and confidence
There are multiple uses and benefits that you will obtain with the help of our beeswax wraps. We guarantee a product with the highest quality standards that will provide you with peace of mind and well-being with its use. Choose the simple, but choose quality and with the resources that are favourable for the environment, your health, and your family.